Terms and Conditions
GENERAL INFORMATION & POLICIES:
- The term Customer in this Agreement refers to the person who placed the order with Statue of Liberty Tours and the person whose credit card was used to make the purchase.
- When presenting your E-Ticket to board the ferry to the Statue of Liberty, you may be asked to present a photo I.D. At the present time and the foreseeable future, the name on the E-Ticket does not have to match the name on the I.D. It is simply for security reasons when going through the security detail that those individuals over the age of 18 can show identification.
- Backpacks, packages, bags and strollers are not permitted inside the monument. Lockers are available on Liberty Island.
- Automated emails are sent to the purchaser's email address as indicated on the order form during the booking process. It is imperative that the email provided on the order form is the correct email as this is the email wehre the E-Tickets and confirmation emails will be sent.
- All transactions are conducted in U.S. Dollars.
- All tours/tickets must be prepaid at the time of booking by a valid credit card. If the credit card being used by the Customer can't be authorized, the Customer will be alerted by the system at the time of purchase.
- Unless stated otherwise, applicable taxes are included in quoted prices
- Any stated duration of a tour is only an approximation. It is important to remember that the tours of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are not guided tours and are self-paced.
- As with any activity, tours have an embedded risk. As such, Statue of Liberty Tours assumes no liability for injuries.
- Statue of Liberty Tours reserves the right to cancel tours due to bad weather/unsafe conditions or at the request of governmental, park or state agencies
- Circumstances beyond Statue of Liberty Tours's control such as delays or service interruption due to mechanical failure, accidents, traffic congestion, or acts of God are not Statue of Liberty Tours's responsibility.
- Statue of Liberty Tours will not refund or compensate those who are late or do not show up for the tour. All sales are final.
- Statue of Liberty Tours is not responsible for lost or stolen articles left on board any form of transportation or along any part of the tour.
- All tickets not used by the Customer by the date listed on the E-Tickets shall be null and void and of no value.
- Tickets will only be emailed or made available by download to Customers as E-Tickets. Tickets cannot be physically picked up by Customers.
- Management reserves the right to revoke the rights that is granted herein and refund the purchase price of the ticket, as permitted by law
COMMUNICATIONS WITH Statue of Liberty Tours:
- Email is our preferred choice of communications. Please contact us via email by clicking here.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS:
- Claims for a canceled tour shall be limited to the purchase price of the tickets purchased originally and any service charge included in such price. All claims must be filed within 60 days of the original tour date.
- Statue of Liberty Tours reserves the right to offer no refunds for any used or unused reservations
- There are no refunds for Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island tours. All sales are final.
- Under no circumstances will Statue of Liberty Tours provide a refund for cancellations made within 24 hours of the chosen tour or when an individual does not show up for the tour or when an individual does not print out tickets before going to the departure point as directed on this website.
- Refunds or exchanges are strictly prohibited due to lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged tickets.
- Cancellations directly with individual suppliers are prohibited. All cancellations must be made through Statue of Liberty Tours
- When cancellations are made, Statue of Liberty Tours requires customers to email
and state your name, order number, tour date, and reason for cancellation. A representative will follow up with customers who follow this process within 48hrs. Refunds are not guaranteed and are at the sole discretion of the representative.
- Statue of Liberty Tours is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellations, whether by the Customer or by Statue of Liberty Tours.
- E-Tickets not utilized by the customer by the date on the ticket PLUS 180 Days are null and void with no value. Under no circumstances will previously downloaded E-Tickets be refunded except by the decision of Statue of Liberty Tours on a case by case basis.
- Resale of tickets are strictly prohibited
CONFIRMATIONS & E-TICKETS:
- After placing an order, the Customer will receive two emails. The first email is a confirmation that your tour has been successfully booked and includes the tour details and a link to download your E-Ticket. A 2nd email will also be sent with your log in password you will use in addtion to your email address to log into the website to download your E-Ticket.
- All of our Flex Tickets are good for one admission within 180 days from the date listed on the E-Ticket. You will be able to gain entry to the Ferry to Liberty Island and Ellis Island at any time during the day that the Ferry is operating after you go through the security screening process (please see FAQ for ferry departure times for different times during the year). There are no reserved times for Flex Tickets. Our E-Tickets allow you the flexibility to pick the time of day you prefer to board the Ferry or even a day diffferent than the day you expected to go on the tour as long as it is within 180 days of the date listed on your E-Ticket.
- If you happen to delete or misplace the email containing your E-Tickets, you can always obtain your E-Tickets by logging into the website and downloading your E-Tickets from this link. In addition, you can access the page to download your E-Tickets from the home page or by going to www.statuelibertytours.com/etickets.html. At this page simply enter your email address and date of tour to download your E-Tickets.
- Printing out the E-Tickets is the responsibility of the Customer. The customer must have E-Tickets in order to go to the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island tour. We do not provide physical tickets and we do not offer a Will Call window to pick up your E-Tickets. Refunds will not be given to those Customers who fail to print and bring their E-Tickets. If the customer fails to bring the E-Ticket, then they will have to find the nearest internet café (e.g. Kinkos) or utilize their hotel's office center to print their E-Tickets, otherwise, they will have no proof of payment and the tour operators will not allow you to board the Ferry. In those cases where the Customer fails to bring the E-Ticket provided by Statue of Liberty Tours and cannot find an internet café to print their E-Tickets, the Customer will have to pay again at the box office to take the tour, but there will be no refund for the booking services and E-Tickets provided by Statue of Liberty Tours. Whether or not the Customer goes on the tour is not the responsibility of Statue of Liberty Tours as the Customer agrees that Statue of Liberty Tours has earned the price paid by the customer by booking the tickets and providing the E-Tickets to the Customer electronically.
- The Customer has accepted the Internet as the means of delivery for the Customer's E-Tickets. In addition, the Customer agrees that the email to the Customer and by providing the E-Tickets online to be downloaded, Statue of Liberty Tours has established legal proof of delivery. In order to ensure the email provided to Statue of Liberty Tours is correct, or not deleted through a spamblocker or for any other reason, it is the Customer's responsibility to go to www.statuelibertytours.com/etickets.html to log in with such email if no E-Ticket has been received.
- By showing that the E-Ticket was provided by Statue of Liberty Tours through the email sent to the Customer or being made available through its website for download, Statue of Liberty Tours has met its legal obligations.
- Any misconduct by a Customer, as deemed so by the tour operator or agent of such tour operator, may result with the Customer being removed from the tour at the sole discretion of such tour operator or agent of such tour operator.
- Anyone who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs may at the sole discretion of the tour operator or agent of the tour operator be prohibited from taking the tour or removed from the tour. There will be no refunds for guests who are removed from the tour or denied entry due to misconduct, intoxication or drug use.
- Statue of Liberty Tours provides a booking service. Whether or not the Customer goes on the tour, the customer agrees that Statue of Liberty Tours has earned the full price of the booking service collected for processing their order. Statue of Liberty Tours provides booking services and delivers E-Tickets by the Internet, and the Customer accepts that this is the service rendered by Statue of Liberty Tours. Merchandise is not sold by Statue of Liberty Tours. In its role of booking/processing ticket orders by the Customer, Statue of Liberty Tours is acting as an agent for customer in obtaining the ticket. After the order is processed and the tickets booked, the ticket is the property of Customer.
- Statue of Liberty Tours provides booking services and sets the prices for tours and services that it offers. Your order authorizes the booking fee and authorizes us to act as an agent in obtaining the tickets in your name. Purchases may be subject to a service fee. Any applicable service fee is included in the quoted prices. This service fee is included in the price of the ticket and is $7 per ticket. By placing an order with Statue of Liberty Tours, you are accepting Statue of Liberty Tours's prices for the services Statue of Liberty Tours provides. Furthermore, the prices indicated on this website ore Statue of Liberty Tours's prices and are not the prices of any other entity.
- Customers are hereby disclaiming that they are the authorized cardholder or the Customer has been authorized by the cardholder to use such credit card. If at any time after the purchase by the Customer, the payment by the customer is dishonored, rejected or contested for any reason, the Customer agrees to pay Statue of Liberty Tours the amount indicated on the email confirmation sent at the time of purchase.
- Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Statue of Liberty Tours, its affiliate companies, its officers, directors, agents, and employees against any costs, fines, claims, damages, charges, or fees (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising by reason of this transaction.
- This agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with regard to Customer's purchase. All prior representations, oral or written, and all prior agreements, oral or written, are no longer valid; this Agreement represents the understanding between the Customer and Statue of Liberty Tours. This agreement or any portion hereof shall not be construed against the drafting party by reason of that party having drafted the agreement or portion hereof.
- If any provision, paragraph, or subparagraph of this agreement is adjudged by any court of law to be void or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the rest of the agreement shall remain in effect. The parties agree that in such event, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be replaced with a provision or provisions having the same economic effect.
- This agreement shall be binding on, and shall inure to the benefit of, the parties to it and their respective heirs, legal representatives, successors and assigns. In all matters contained in this agreement, time is of the essence.
- Statue of Liberty Tours shall not be responsible for any breach of this agreement caused in part or in whole for any reason outside the reasonable control of Statue of Liberty Tours. Customer agrees that at all times this agreement and Customer's purchase and use of services, tours, or attractions shall be subject to all applicable laws, treaties and border agreements. Customer agrees that Customer shall be responsible for complying with all such laws pertaining to Customer's travel and the use of services or attractions through the Statue of Liberty Tours web site.
- Customer agrees that Statue of Liberty Tours has earned the full purchase price collected for processing ticket orders whether or not Customer redeems the tickets. Customer is responsible for and agrees to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that the Customer authorized or accepted.
- Customer is responsible for and agrees to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that the Customer authorized or accepted.
- The information, software, products, and services published on this web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. In particular, Statue of Liberty Tours and its affiliates do not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaim liability for inaccuracies relating to the information and description of the tours displayed on this website (including without limitation, photographs, list of amenities, general product descriptions, etc.).
- The suppliers, carriers, and other suppliers providing travel or other services for Statue of Liberty Tours are independent contractors and not agents or employees of Statue of Liberty Tours or its affiliates. Statue of Liberty Tours and its affiliates are not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches, or negligence of any such suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting there from. Statue of Liberty Tours and its affiliates have no liability and will make no refund in the event of delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure, or other causes beyond their direct control, and they have no responsibility for any additional expense, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
- In no event shall Statue of Liberty Tours, its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with, the use of this web site or with the delay or inability to use this website, or for any information, software, products, and services obtained through this website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, even if Statue of Liberty Tours, its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers have been advised of the possibility of damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to such Customer.